Progress is going well so far, if cutting it a bit close to the deadline. Yesterday we (I'm working with Liz Arrowsmith) went to the Mesa apartments and asked some residents questions about their living space. We're interested in seeing whether residents' living space reflects the way they work and collaborate, and conversely, whether the invariant aspects of that space (for example, window positioning, room layout) to some extent affect those same activities.
I think the work and contributions have been fairly equal to this point. We both came up with and decided on a set of questions to ask the residents. Liz drew furniture layouts atop floor plans we brought and I wrote notes while we took turns asking questions. I would consider our approach a semi-structured interview, as we asked the residents the same set of questions but allowed them to expand on their answers. Now that we've got our data, we'll analyze it and get started on our report. I anticipate that we'll both contribute more or less equally to this portion of the project as well.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Project 2 Progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment