I've been setting up a Facebook profile the past couple of days. While I was installing the "Your Neighbors" application, I came across a simple, but in my opinion, an excellent design decision.
The application asks the user to enter their interests, so they can find similar people nearby. It seemed a bit redundant to me, since one's Facebook profile already includes a list of interests. Apparently the developers felt the same way, as they included a "copy from Facebook" link adjacent to the text box. This is great because it can save a user a lot of time, but it's also flexible: One can enter more, fewer, or different interests for Your Neighbors than are in one's profile.
(update: The application lost points for only having a "save changes" button at the top of the page. I think the ideal would be one at the top and one at the bottom, but if the designers were insistent on having only one then it should have gone at the bottom.)
No comments:
Post a Comment